Panama City is the place to be for the Fourth of July this year. From barbecues at the campsite to unbeatable Independence Day festivities, the city is bustling with exciting events for all types of travelers. This delicious red, white and blue treat is the perfect way to kick off your Fourth of July celebrations, and several fireworks displays will ensure the summer holiday ends with a bang.
Red, White and Blue Strawberry Shortcake
What you’ll need:
- 1 package yellow cake mix
- 1 conatiner frozen whipped topping, thawed (8 ounces)
- 1 pint blueberries (rinsed and drained)
- 2 pints freshstrawberries (rinsed and sliced)
- Prepare your sponge cake according to the directions on the package.
- Bake the cake in a 9 by 13-inch baking pan.
- Allow the cake to cool completely.
- Frost your yellow cake with the thawed whipped topping.
- Arrange the blueberries in a small square in the upper left corner of the cake.
- Arrange the strawberries, so they look like the stripes of the American flag.
- Chill the cake until you’re ready to serve.
End the Day with Fireworks
After a festive dessert, you’ll be pleased to find a number of fireworks displays happening throughout the Panama City area. Enjoy the fireworks display over the water from Pier Park at the Star Spangled Fourth of July Spectacular, which is preceeded by live music and family-friendly fun throughout the day.
Other displays will be held at the Historic Grand Lagoon, the Panama City Marina, the city of Lynn Haven and Mexico Beach. Most of the events include activities before the spectacular fireworks displays, so you’ll want to head to your viewing area before dark to join in on the fun.
Start Your Fourth of July at RV Connections
RV Connections is your one-stop camping headquarters in Panama City, Fla. Whether you’re looking for a new RV for your summer adventures or simply a few camping supplies to help you celebrate the Fourth of July, we have everything you need here at our two convenient locations.