Sweets go hand-in-hand with the Christmas holiday, and traveling in your RV this season doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy your favorite treats. These two delectable Christmas dessert recipes are guaranteed to put you in the holiday spirit and impress all of your friends at the campsite.
Old-Fashioned Christmas Gingerbread
What you’ll need:
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup molasses
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup hot water
- Preheat your RV’s oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 9-inch baking pan.
- Cream the sugar and butter together in a large bowl. Beat the egg into the mixture and mix in the molasses.
- In a separate bowl, sift the baking soda, flour, salt, ginger, cloves and cinnamon together. Blend the dry mixture into the creamed mixture. Stir hot water into the mixture and pour it into the prepared plan.
- Bake the gingerbread for 1 hour in the preheated oven. Let the gingerbread cool in the pan before slicing and serving.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls
What you’ll need:
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups Kellogg’s Rice Krispies cereal
- 1/4 cup margarine (softened)
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 2 tablespoons vegetable shortening
- 54 mini-muffin paper cups
- Use an electric mixer to beat the peanut butter, sugar and margarine together on medium speed. Continue beating until thoroughly combined.
- Mix the Kellogg’s Rice Krispies cereal into the bowl.
- Split the mixture into portions using a rounded teaspoon. Shape the portions into small balls.
- Place the balls into the paper cups and refrigerate them.
- Melt the chocolate and shortening in a saucepan over low heat. Stir constantly.
- Spoon the melted chocolate over each peanut butter ball.
- Refrigerate again until firm.