Try making this spicy shrimp pasta the next time you’re out in your RV this summer. Whether for lunch or dinner, you can eat this in the comfort of your RV or even take it to go on a picnic.
Spicy Shrimp Pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound shrimp, without shells, and deveined
- crushed red pepper
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups canned crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup water
- half a cube chicken bullion
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 8 oz penne pasta
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat. Add shrimp and cook on one side for about 1 minute, until shrimp turns pink on that side. While it cooks, sprinkle the top of shrimp with crushed red pepper, paprika, and salt to cover every single shrimp. Using spatula, turn shrimp over to the other side and cook for about 2 more minutes.
- Remove shrimp to a plate, being careful to leave all the oil in the skillet.
- To the same skillet, add chopped onion and minced garlic and cook on medium high heat in the olive oil that will have a nice reddish color from paprika and crushed red pepper. Cook for about 2 minutes, occasionally stirring, until onions soften.
- Add crushed tomatoes and chicken bullion cube dissolved in 1/4 cup boiling water. Add basil and oregano, mix, bring to boil and reduce to simmer. Simmer for about 10-15 minutes, mixing occasionally and crushing all tomatoes into very small bites, until the sauce reduces just a bit. Season with more red pepper and salt, if needed. At the end, while on simmer, add heavy cream, mix it in, and immediately remove from heat.
- Add back the shrimp and pasta. Mix everything well to combine. Reheat on low simmer, if needed. Do not bring to boil or high heat as it might affect the sauce texture. Add more salt and pepper if necessary.
- When serving, I like to sprinkle the top of pasta with just a touch of crushed red pepper.
Visit RV Connections Super Center
Stop by RV Connections Super Center this summer to tour a new or used motorhome or travel trailer. Whether you’re shopping for your next RV or simply wish for some RV service, parts, or accessories, RV Connections of Panama City can help!