These fish taco bowls are the perfect companion to a summer day spent on the Gulf with your RV. Whip them up for lunch or dinner and enjoy with your favorite cold beverage for a refreshing and easy meal.
Chile-Lime Fish Taco Bowls with Citrus Crema
For the fish:
- 1 1/2-2 pounds firm white fish (cod, rockfish, or halibut)
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (from 2-3 limes)
- 1/2-1 teaspoon dried chipotle chowder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
For the crema:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1-2 Tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice (1/2 lime)
- 2-3 Tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice (1/2 orange)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon dried chipotle powder
For the bowls:
- 1 small head of cabbage
- Guacamole or diced avocados
- Pico de gallo or salsa
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
- Toasted pumpkin seeds (pepitas), optional
- Place the fish in a large shallow dish or ziplock bag.
- Combine the lime juice, dried chipotle powder (more if you’d like it spicier), and sea salt. Pour it over the fish. Chill the fish and let it marinate for at least 2 hours and up to 6 hours.
- Combine all of the ingredients for the crema and chill until ready to serve.
- Shred the cabbage and prep the guacamole and salsa (if needed).
- Cook the fish by grilling it over medium-high heat in a greased grill pan or in a skillet over medium-high heat in a little coconut oil.
- To assemble bowls, put a bed of shredded cabbage in each bowl. Top with a couple pieces of fish, a couple scoops of salsa, guacamole, and a sprinkle of pepitas. Serve with lime wedges and a drizzle of crema.
Visit RV Connections
Stop by RV Connections Super Center this summer to tour a new or used motorhome or travel trailer. Whether you’re shopping for your next RV or simply wish for some RV service, parts, or accessories, RV Connections of Panama City can help!