These packets are bursting with hearty and filling flavor. They’re very easy to make, whether over the grill or in an oven and they’ll soon become one of your favorite recipes when you’re out on the go.
Traditional Cajun Shrimp and Sausage Boil Packets
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 (12.8-ounce) package smoked andouille sausage, thinly sliced
- 2 ears corn, each cut crosswise into 4 pieces
- 1 pound baby red potatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Preheat a gas or charcoal grill over high heat.
- Cut four sheets of foil, about 12-inches long. Divide shrimp, sausage, corn and potatoes into 4 equal portions and add to the center of each foil in a single layer.
- Fold up all 4 sides of each foil packet. Add olive oil, Cajun seasoning, salt and pepper, to taste; gently toss to combine. Fold the sides of the foil over the shrimp, covering completely and sealing the packets closed.
- Place foil packets on the grill and cook until just cooked through, about 12-15 minutes.*
- Served immediately, garnished with parsley, if desired.
- You can, alternatively, bake the foil packets in an oven at 425 degrees F for 15-17 minutes.
Visit RV Connections
Stop in and see us at RV Connections in Panama City the next time you’re on the market for a new or used RV. If you’ve got an RV and you’re not planning on upgrading any time soon, you can still drop in and see a certified RV technician to make sure that your rig is in good shape.